How amazing it is that we live in a world where clinical research helps improve the quality of people’s lives!
Also, how amazing is it that Lumedi helps improve the quality of the research itself, leading to better and faster patient outcomes?
If we told you there was an opportunity to make an impact in this industry while earning an excellent base salary and robust commission in your sales role, would that pique your interest?
The Lumedi software platform empowers medical researchers and puts clinical research knowledge into practice. Our integrated (SaaS) platform allows for meaningful data collection and sharing with other researchers, front end health professionals, caregivers and patients.
Our market is health care researchers and clinicians, primarily those doing longitudinal or cross-sectional research studies. The product is cloud based, can be setup immediately, and solves key problems for researchers and their teams across North America.
This is your chance to join a rapidly growing start up in the medical tech/research industry!
As our new Sales Representative, you are responsible for all sales and closing deals.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark, and a chance to be instrumental to the growth of a new business. You’ll help our business evolve by not only bringing attention to our platform, but also by bringing new ideas forward to help shape our business development strategy.
Practically speaking, here’s what you’ll do on a day-to-day basis:
- Communicate with all leads over the phone, web conferences, email or in person
- Sell to a diverse clientele both in Canada and the US (clinical researchers, independent researchers, research groups, hospitals, organizations)
- Act as a consultant to professionals using our products, both on call and in person
- Develop rapport in the medical community and grow your book of contacts
- Manage current accounts, adjusting needs/contracts as necessary
- Networking within the medical industry, including hospitals
- Prepare and execute demonstrations of software through face-to-face meetings, and via web conferencing, team presentations, and conferences
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, occasional trade shows and product sessions
- Track all activity within a CRM system
- Identify ways to improve the sales process and messaging
- As we grow, so will your impact and responsibility. There’s no shortage of opportunities here for your learning, career growth, and development.
The Right Fit:
Maybe you have proven software sales experience and are looking to get into the medical industry, or you’re already in the medical industry looking to get into sales. Wherever you came from, you’ll be a great fit if you are:
- An expert communicator – you’re able to get your message across clearly and effectively to stakeholders at all different levels. You have a natural ability to build rapport and are able to make connections with others easily.
- Resilient and driven – you have a persistent spirit and are not fazed by rejection. When you hear “no”, you don’t take it personally. Your focus is on meeting your targets, and you excel in an environment that rewards your performance.
- Process-oriented and organized – you enjoy following a clearly defined process, because it enables you to keep yourself on track to meet your goals.
Working at Lumedi:
This is a full-time permanent role, working in Hamilton with limited local travel as needed. Typically, you’ll work Monday to Friday, from 9 am – 5 pm, although some flexibility may be needed to meet client needs.
You’ll earn a competitive base salary, commensurate with experience and you’ll have an uncapped commission with a very high earning potential. You’ll also receive a benefits package available after 3 months and enjoy paid vacation time.
- BS, BA, or higher degree in the Life Sciences, business or related disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in software sales
- Experience and proficiency in medical technology
- Experience in working with clinical research teams, and frontline health care professionals
- Experience in the medical research industry, and/or hospitals organizations
- Knowledge of electronic data capture systems and web-based medical research management tools
- Experience in client-facing role, and demonstrated ability to build rapport with both current and potential clients
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Valid passport for the purpose of domestic and international travel as needed
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
We do not expect you to meet all these qualifications. If you’re not yet experienced in sales but have the medical knowledge, or if you’re not yet experienced in the medical industry but have sales experience, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 5-10 minutes to complete.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.